The Bureau of Land Management maintains 24 campgrounds in the Moab area. These sites have no reservation system and are available on a first arrival basis. The BLM provides limited facilities at these campsites, with limited water and a lack of RV hookups. These campgrounds have a $15/night camp fee which is paid on site with cash or check. Camp site stays are limited to 14 days within a 30 day period. Group camping is limited to certain campgrounds (see map), and have a reservation system through recreation.gov.
Basecamp Moab Link
From the DiscoverMoab.com:
“Spring 2017 BLM Campground Update
Please note that BLM campgrounds in the Moab area are filling earlier each day this season.
- Goose Island and Grandstaff typically fill between 8:00-11:00 am.
- Anything within 10 miles of Moab and Horsethief Campground on Hwy 313 have been by mid-to-late afternoon. Ken’s Lake has been filling by 12:00-1:00 pm.
- Upper Colorado River and other Hwy. 313 campsites have been filling anywhere from noon to late afternoon (earlier on weekends).
- The Ledges are typically not filling, except on busy weekends.
- Sand Flats has been filling every day.
- Memorial Day Weekend: Expect all campgrounds to fill earlier in the day and fill for the long weekend by Thursday evening or Friday morning. Very little turn-over is expected until Monday morning, May 29th.
Please do not drive through campgrounds when “Full” signs are posted and after dark in general. The campgrounds are full and the noise and lights disturb fellow campers!”